I’ve Been Doing it Wrong All Along
Inspired by today’s Seth Godin’s post
Part of learning fashion this summer is also learning how to take care of my clothes. I learned that there are many things I’ve been doing wrong:
- Don’t hang your knitwear. The weight of the sweater will stretch the piece. Fold them instead.
- Use thicker hangers to hang coats and tops with shoulder padding.
- The label gives you instructions on how to properly wash your garments. Follow them.
- Wash bulky items like towels and bedding on high heat, fast cycle.
- You don’t have to wash your garments after every use. For example, Jeans can be washed every 10 wears.
- Wash dark and light clothing separately (duh).
The joy of learning is figuring out you’ve been wrong all along, and correcting that behavior.