Hi, I’m James
I aim to create authentic work that challenges the status quo and inspire others to be their best selves. But at the end of the day, my most joyous moments happen when I’m learning, creating, or spending time with those I love.
Currently, I work as a product manager and write blogs posts and essays. But I don’t label myself as such because to define is to limit. I prefer the paradoxical label of a non-technologist and non-writer inspired by one of my favourite “non-musicians,” Brian Eno.
In past lives, I studied engineering, built products at various companies, organized a conference, invested in student startups, and took a learning sabbatical focused on writing.
Other things I like are old bookstores, deadlifting, backpacking, interior design, all you can eat sushi, mindfulness, space exploration, urban gardening, Toronto Raptors, Pink Floyd, gathering people, classic movies, One Piece, and Jasmine tea.
Proudly Canadian, I grew up in the suburbs of Toronto and lived in Waterloo, San Francisco, and Montreal. I now live in New York City.
I’ve been archiving, curating, and daily blogging since January 1st, 2020. That’s over 1000 pieces and counting. Here are a few to start:
- Reflecting on a month, 100 days, a year, and two years of writing everyday.
- A Semester at the Library. Why I took time off to read and write.
- Being Still - The importance of silence in a world that can’t stop talking.
- How to Solve Technical Problems - One of the more significant lessons I take away from my Computer Engineering degree.
- Kamiwaza and Sawubona - Two of my favorite untranslatable words.
If you want to stay up to date with my writing subscribe to my newsletter.
Connect with Me
I love connecting with people.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.