Hi, I’m James
I’m currently studying Computer Engineering at the University of Waterloo.
Most recently, I’ve been working as a product manager and writing this blog.
Self expression, growth, and relationships are what I value most.
I write to clarify my thoughts, explore my ideas, build intellectual assets, share my knowledge, express myself, and because I enjoy it.
What do I write about?
This blog is a space for introspection and curiosity.
I’ve been writing everyday since January 2020 and I plan on doing so for a while.
I write for myself but I hope others find value in it as well.
Here are a few of my favorite essays:
- What You See is What You Value
- Kamiwaza and Sawubona - Two of my favorite untranslatable words.
- Reflecting on a month, 100 days, a year, and two years of writing everyday.
- Being Still - The importance of silence in a world that can’t stop talking.
- How to Solve Technical Problems - One of the more significant lessons I take away from my Computer Engineering degree.
- The Grass is Always Greener
- Juxtapositions - What the most interesting people I know have in common.
- The Best Opportunities - My take on how to get the best opportunities.
Check out my list of favorite things and please share yours! I also share my favorites at the end of every semester:
Mi Casa Es Su Casa
Mi Casa Es Su Casa is a spanish expression meaning “make yourself at home” or translated literally as “my home is your home.”
You can tell a lot about a person from visiting their home. Just like a physical home, this personal site is my online home. Here, I own a piece of real estate on the internet and I share what I’m thinking about.
Whether you’re a new visitor or a returning one.
Make yourself at home.
Get in touch
I love receiving email (email@example.com).
Follow me on twitter @MrJamesQuiambao
If you want to hear about what I’m writing and thinking about, sign up for my newsletter.