What’s My Competitive Advantage?
What’s your personal competitive advantage? In other words, what do you do that others don’t? What do you know that others don’t? What makes you unique?
We all have our own competitive advantages whether it be the skills we’ve attained, our life experiences, or our habits.
Here are a few of my competitive advantages:
- Writing everyday. Writing everyday clarifies my thinking, attracts people and opportunities, and serves as an outlet to explore my ideas.
- Information Diet. This includes books, podcasts, essays, blogs, videos, etc. Information compounds.
- Collection of habits. Building habits take patience but once a habit sticks it becomes easy. Thus, a collection of habits is a personal moat. A few habits I picked up include meditation, journaling, gratitude, and exercise.
- Know thyself. While I’m still and always will be learning about myself. I deliberately spend lots of time trying to understand myself. I believe this is one of the biggest competitive edges that anyone can cultivate.
- Weekly Review. This one’s underrated and it’s one of the most important things I do. I spend at least an hour every Sunday reflecting on the past week and planning out the week ahead. This helps me course correct and focus on what truly matters. I’ll write about my weekly review ritual in the future.